Who Should Use This Knot?
- Anyone needing to combine two fishing lines with different diameters.
- Anyone needing to combine two fishing lines with different composition:
- Very Strong
- Works With Different Lines
- Slower To Tie Than Other Knots
Next time you need to attach a braided fishing line to either a monofilament or fluorocarbon leader we suggest you try this knot it just might become one of your favorite knots.
The 7 Steps To Tying The Alberto Knot:
- Fold the mono leader into a loop and run between 10" to 12" of braided line into and through the loop
- Secure the loop and braid in one hand while you begin to wrap the braid so that it layers around the double line of mono that was created when the loop was formed with the other hand.
- Spin the line wrapping it around the loop 7 times
- Spin the line wrapping it towards the loop 7 times and as you do make sure as you wrap that you cover the previous wrappings.
- Pull the tag back through the loop exiting the loop where it initially entered.
- Feed wraps so that they are tight then push to the loop's end
- Cut the braided fishing line and mono loop at the tags end